“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” — Zig Ziglar
- Those who ignore the bathing recommendation will be seated in the Engineering section.
“It costs $0.00 to be a decent human being.” — Unknown
- Did you catch that, Donald Trump?
“It doesn’t make sense to hire smart people and then tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” — Steve Jobs
- And yet my requests for mo’ money go unheeded.
“Leaders who don’t listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say.” — Andy Staley
- Leaders who have nothing to say will eventually be surrounded by reporters when they announce their entry into politics.
“If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything.” — Mark Twain
- I didn’t have a brain fart; I was just being “truthful”.
“If serving someone is beneath you, then leadership is above you.” — Unknown
- And yet our CEO sends an admin out to fetch his coffee.
“Do not tolerate brilliant jerks. The cost to teamwork is too high.” — Reed Hastings
- Do like most companies do – promote them into “Internal Consultant” positions.
“Without data you’re just another person with an opinion.” — W. Edwards Deming
- So you say.
“Any success that happens at the expense of your health, your family or your character is not real success.” — Unknown
- Well, I already sacrificed my character to get this job in the first place, so we’re really just down to the first two.
“At the end of the day it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished… It’s about who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back.” — Denzel Washington
- My calendar is swamped; can we try for next week?
“Getting the right people in the right jobs is a lot more important than developing a strategy.” — Jack Welch
- Uh, people who are willing to work for a company without a strategy are the “wrong” people by default.
“The sidelines are not where you want to live your life. The world needs you in the arena.” — Tim Cook
- Isn’t the arena where they release the lions who then maul you to death?
Leave a Reply