“Average players want to be left alone. Good players want to be coached. Great players want to be told the truth.” — Doc Rivers
- The truth is — you suck.
“It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” — Vince Lombardi
- And also whether you file a complaint with OSHA.
“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” — Wayne Gretzky
- Where the puck were you yesterday?
“If you have everything under control, you’re not moving fast enough.” — Mario Andretti
- This explains our CEO’s chaotic leadership style.
“Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind.” — Jackie Joyner-Kersee
- Then why do job applications want to know what year I graduated from college?
“It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” — Muhammad Ali
- Nevertheless, our dress code still prohibits flip-flops.
“You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” — Michael Phelps
- But fall asleep just once during a presentation to upper management and next thing you know you’re out on your keister.
“Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement.” — Matt Biondi
- It can also lead to a sexual harassment claim.
“It’s not the will to win that matters—everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.” — Paul “Bear” Bryant
- It also matters that you prepare your will before you “leave the field”.
“What to do with a mistake: recognize it, admit it, learn from it, forget it.” — Dean Smith
- Of course, I’m referring to my own mistakes here – one more screw up from you and you’re out on your keister.
“I’ve learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.” — Tom Landry
- A pity our shareholders don’t feel the same way.
“Make sure your worst enemy doesn’t live between your own two ears.” — Laird Hamilton
- Perhaps you should try using Head & Shoulders.
“It ain’t over till it’s over.” – Yogi Berra
- Oh, it’s over – pick up your packet from HR on the way out.